December 13, 2010

Policy

I do Lincoln-Douglas debate. There are two different types. Traditional, which is the original, intended, and good type of LD. Then, there's Policy -_-

Policy is another form of debate that involves heavy evidence and speaking quickly. A traditional case, based on logical arguments, stands almost no chance against a progressive/policy case.

Therefore, because I debate LD as it was invented (a value-based debate), my ability is hindered against progressive debaters. At the tournament this past week, I was able to place 5th out of about 50+ people. That's good, but I have so much more potential. If a judge truly understood the difference between traditional and progressive, then it would be a brainless decision.

Keep your progressive arguments out of my rounds :/

No comments:

Post a Comment